Saturday, October 22, 2016

Shabby Chic Floral Card | Photo Tutorial

Hello, bloggy friends!
I am sharing a shabby-chic card after a very long time. My current love is making stamped cards, but I do like to make layered cards from time to time. I made this for my Guest Post at Itsy Bitsy. You can check it out HERE, if you haven't already.

Here's a look at my card first :



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I also have a small tutorial to share on how I created the background for my card and the products used.

Step 1 - I have used a peach colored card base which was sent to me in the kit along with a piece of pattern paper which I have distressed using a pair of scissors & colored the edges using two different shades of Distress inks.

Step 2 - After distressing, I glued the pattern paper to the cardbase & then using a stencil from Itsy Bitsy (Floral) and some Modelling Paste, I did some stenciling using a Spatula to add some texture. I also added a bit of Distress ink to the Modelling Paste to give it a hint of colour.

Here is how it looks once the stenciling is done!

Step 3 - This is what I have used for embellishing my card. The Pattern papers that you see on the left were the ones I have worked with & the little flower embellishments were created using flowers from this set. I absolutely love the Glitter Paper from Itsy Bitsy & I have used it for die-cutting my leaf & foliage. Also used some dies for embellishing my card.

This border die by Spellbinders is absolutely regal & so intricate. I absolutely love using this.


I'm linking my card to the Simon Says Stamp - Use Pink, Happy Little Stampers- Mixed Media Challenge (Nature), Fab n Funky - Fabulous Flowers, Fusion - I'm going with the inspiration picture this time. (I'm inspired by the colours of the florals) and Cards 4 Galz- Use atleast one die.


I hope you like this card of mine. I would love to hear your comments/suggestions regarding it.

Have a nice day everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Its Gorgeous ! Elegant color scheme and beautifully decorated !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant and the lacy details add such pretty texture.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, absolutely gorgeous!! I love the texture and the colors!! The flowers look amazing!! Stunning card!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous love all the details!! Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What a stunning bouquet! Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love to see it again, it is wonderful, my favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful beautiful card...love the shades you have used
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! I love the subtle texture with the stencil and modeling paste. And your floral cluster is beautifully done! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card, Hussena! All the texture and the beautiful flowers look downright stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is absolutely stunning card Hussena!! The composition, texture, everything looks beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at Cardz4Galz your dies are ever so pretty, hope to see you again next time..

    Hugs Babs :) DT x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a stunning card Hussena! I love all the beautiful details and your flowers are a awesome finishing touch!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Swoon! This is drop dead gorgeous! I love all the beautiful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow.... amazing color/detail/dimension! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always love your creations Hussena..the blooms are so gorgeous...stunning card it is !!!

    ReplyDelete